Summer Student – Building Department
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is seeking applications for the position of Summer Student – Building Department for a term of approximately 16 weeks. The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is a predominantly rural municipality in the County of Oxford with a population of approximately 7,100. The preferred candidate will provide assistance and support to the Chief Building Official and various department staff.
**please note the Township of East Zorra – Tavistock & Blandford Blenheim share building department services under a service sharing agreement and as a result the successful applicant will be required to spend equal time in both the Drumbo and Hickson Offices.
- Assists with Building Department operations
- Undertakes Plans Review and Building Inspections
- Review and follow-up on open building permits
- Customer Service related to Building applications and proposals
- Other duties as assigned within the building departments areas of responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of construction activities and construction industry
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office and computerized GIS, GPS and CAD applications
- Valid Class “G” Drivers licence
- Certification under the Ontario Building Code for Small Building inspections is not required but would be considered a strong asset.
Summer position pay rate for 2019 - $19.06/hr (Grade 6, Base, 2018 Rate Under Review) – 35 hour work week
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, as a PDF file, outlining education, qualifications, experience of first available start date. Applications will be received until 12:00 noon on Monday, March 11, 2019 and must be sent to email@example.com.
Building, Development and Drainage Manager (CBO)
Township of East Zorra-Tavistock
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
The Township of East Zorra-Tavistock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request.